Tuesday, December 07, 2004

We are all beautiful, unique snowflakes.

The other day I was thinking about people and the various shit they do. There are many behaviors that I exhibit in course of a day that I view as normal, yet could be (and often are) construed by others as inexplicably strange and at times, criminal.

I have begun to compile a list of some of those things here. If you would like, feel free to post some of the more unusual things that you do, or if you know me personally and would prefer, list some of the things I do that you find odd as I’m sure I don’t even think of many of them.


First and fore most I piss, everywhere. Literally. If I am not near a bathroom and the urge strikes me I will urinate on anything close by. I have also gone out of my way to take a leak on land marks such as the St. Louis Arch, the Sears Tower the Statue of Liberty, Central Park and the World Trade Towers (before they were destroyed) I am also minimally concerned with my surrounding as I am evacuating my bladder. Busy street? No problem. Heavy pedestrian traffic? Don’t care. Subway station? Didn’t have a choice. Day or night when I have to go I have to go. Also when I do have the luxury of using a restroom, I generally pee in the sink. That’s just who I am.

EDIT(12/10/04): I have recently been forced on numerous occasions to defend my predilection for sink urination so I will post my reasons here. It saves water and eliminates splashing. I don’t have to worry about putting the seat up and then back down to appease women and I can multi-task as I piss I can wash my hands, brush my teeth, fix my hair anything you can do in front of a mirror I can do while relieving myself. Before any of you spin off into a hygiene or sanitation agruement allow me to say that urine is sterile. There is really not a downside.

I may be the only person I know who makes decisions based on the potential for humor in any incarnation. I’m not saying that is the sole basis on which I choose but it carries much more weight than it probably should, especially in quasi-important decisions such as relationships. The other day I decided that if I ever saw a piano precariously suspended above the ground I would stand underneath it, not because I necessarily want to die but because I can think of very few things that would be more hilarious than such a fate, and how many times are you gonna get such an opportunity? Really, probably just once.

I’ll add some more later but these are probably the most prevalent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home